Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hunkered down

Hurricane Sandy has come and (mostly) gone, although the damage will be felt for a while.
There are two downed trees on my block, one blocking off an adjacent street.
The MTA is still shut down, and no one is sure when trains and buses will resume.
The Things are getting a bit stir-crazy.
Downed trees and power lines are blocking off some streets.
The bridges and tunnels are closed, so everyone is stuck.
Public schools are closed, as are all Catholic schools and some yeshivas (although there were some yeshiva buses running--crazy.)
Meanwhile, here at the AztecPalace, we still have power, cable, and our phone.  Homeschooling will continue.  We're stocked up on candles and low-tech activities, so we'll be fine.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear that you have power, cable & phone. We've also mostly been spared (though I can't say the same for my parents & my college daughter, both of whose abodes are powerless. Well, they're welcome to come here.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm somewhere in Southern Ontario and we were sooooo panicked because the edge of the storm might come somewhere near us and give us a whole 1/2 inch of rain. But plenty of people wound up suffering. Their garbage cans tipped over and a couple rolled out onto the street!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not Monty Python. I hate SPAM.