Monday, May 21, 2012

The loss of a great man

When someone who has lived a long life passes away, it may not be a tragedy.  After all, this is someone who lived a full, rich life, worked, married, brought children into the world, traveled, and experienced life.  However, it is a great loss, because there are so many who were touched by this person, so many who will miss him.
So it was with Kurt Sax.  When I lived in San Diego, he and his lovely wife Ruth sort of "adopted" me.  I feel towards him the affection most reserve for their grandparents.  He taught me for my Bat Mitzvah, and in terms of both age and length of time known, he was easily one of my oldest friends.
Although he died over a week ago, I only found out yesterday.  Kurt, the world will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not Monty Python. I hate SPAM.